11 April, 2008

Sex Therapy Was Never Like This!



Dr. Susan Block, PhD, is a world-renowned sexologist, best-selling author, award-winning filmmaker, radio and TV talk show host, columnist, lecturer and commentator. She is also the founder of the Dr. Susan Block Institute for the Erotic Arts & Sciences, an internationally renowned center for sex exploration, expression, education, investigation and therapy... We're also pretty sure that she pioneered the "Big Sexy Hat Look" that many swingers seem to be so fond of nowadays.

Kasidie had the pleasure of speaking with Dr. Susan Block via telephone last week... We would like to mention what a terrible shame it is that the following is only a printed interview... Because Dr. Block has an incredibly sexy phone voice.

KASIDIE: Let's pretend for a moment you are at a career day. How would you describe what you do for a living?

DR. BLOCK: I'm a brain surgeon but I just deal with your brain in a very spiritual and sexual way... Not with scalpals and knives, but with fantasies and desires. My business cards say I'm a sex therapist. That's my day job.

KASIDIE: There are a lot of sex therapists out there, but anyone who knows you, has met you, or has even heard of you, would attest that you're not an ordinary run-of-the-mill sex therapist. What sets you apart from a regular sex therapist?

DR. BLOCK: I dance to the beat of my own drummer and I kinda do it my way... sex therapy. I do a lot of it over the telephone – I probably talk on the telephone to 90% of my clients. I don't see them in person all that often because I think sexuality is a subject that more people are comfortable talking about over the telephone. I don't have any subjects that are off limits in terms of what we can talk about. People tell me that when they've gone to other sex therapists there were certain things they couldn't talk about, or certain ways of talking that they couldn't use. Read on >>

No comments: